"The Davenport Team provided exceptional service throughout the sale of my home. From the very beginning, they thoughtfully guided me through the process, offering support for getting the house ready…- Branch Feagans
- More Testimonials...
Buying or selling property is an important decision. That is where Mary Davenport and Jill Davenport enter the picture. From their extensive knowledge of the Richmond marketplace to their unmatched personal service, Mary and Jill strive to provide you with the experience you expect from selling professionals. Their attention to detail, resourcefulness and strength in negotiations all play a part in ensuring a successful real estate transaction. They are conscientious and focused individuals who always make themselves available to clients. It is for these reasons and more that Mary Davenport and Jill Davenport are the agents to help you sell or purchase a property.
Their record speaks for itself. Mary and Jill have been recognized by RAR as Ruby Distinguished Achievers for over 10+ years, based on sales production within Metro Richmond. Additionally, in 2007, they were presented with the Service to Law Enforcement award. It is their impressive sales numbers and personal characteristics that have earned them these honors.
Jill, is a lifelong Richmonder and is married to Mike. She has two girls, Livvy, 24 and Susanna, 22. She is actively or has been involved with the following organizations:
- Member of St. James Episcopal Church
- Fan Women’s Club
- Fan District Association
- The READ Center, former adult literacy tutor
- Sheltering Arms Rehabilitation Hospital, Junior Board Member
- Three Chopt Garden Club
- Westhampton Citizens Association, Board Member
- St. Catherine’s School, Past Chair of Alumnae Annual Giving
- VCU Massey Cancer Center, Pink Carpet Premiere Auction Chair
- Member of Country Club of Virginia
Mary is married to Gib and they have two children, Huntley, 22 and Sophie, 19. Mary has lived in New York, NY, Jacksonville, FL, Columbus, Ohio and Savannah, GA. She is active or has been involved in the following organizations:
- Member of St. Constantine & Helen Greek Orthodox Church, Youth Coach
- Boys and Girls Club of Virginia
- VA Repertory Theater, Past Chair of Bravo Committee
- Member of Country Club of Virginia
- St. Catherine’s School, 11th Grade Parent Representative
I started working in real estate because I believe the place you live has an immeasurable impact on your quality of life – and I want to help people find their perfect place. I have been involved in historic preservation, historic house renovations and Richmonds civic associations for over 30 years. Richmond is a fantastic city. I would love to help you find the neighborhood that is right for you.
I have lived in Richmond’s historic Fan and Museum Districts since moving to Richmond after graduating from the University of Virginia. I had a past career as a marketing director, I renovated 5 historic houses, and raised my family in Richmond. Joining The Steele Group Sotheby’s International Realty was a natural step. Jill and Mary helped me sell and buy my own homes and I knew they were the type of professional I wanted to be: professional, successful for their clients, and fun to work with. I bring marketing experience and a passion for Richmond neighborhoods to Jill and Mary’s over 30 combined years of successful experience in real estate. We all share a love of Richmond and a dedication to building long-term relationships with our clients.
- Studied Architectural History, Archaeology and English at the University of Virginia
- Graduated from VCU School of Business with a concentration in Marketing
- Is married to Agustin and has twin boys, William and Henry, who attend William & Mary and UVA respectively
- Member of Board of Advisors of Historic Richmond Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Roller-Bottimore Foundation
- Member and past president of the Fan Townhouse and Garden Club
- Member of the Monument Avenue Preservation Society
- Member of the Mayor Levar Stony’s Commission on Monument Avenue
- Member Willow Oaks Country Club
- Dog lover – Knox and Hippie!