"Being rookies in the home buying market, we obviously needed some help in the purchasing process and The Davenport Team was always there to assist us in a timely and…- Steve Anderson & Judith Roberson
- More Testimonials...
Buying or selling property is an important decision. That is where Mary Davenport and Jill Davenport enter the picture. From their extensive knowledge of the Richmond marketplace to their unmatched personal service, Mary and Jill strive to provide you with the experience you expect from selling professionals. Their attention to detail, resourcefulness and strength in negotiations all play a part in ensuring a successful real estate transaction. They are conscientious and focused individuals who always make themselves available to clients. It is for these reasons and more that Mary Davenport and Jill Davenport are the agents to help you sell or purchase a property.
Their record speaks for itself. Mary and Jill were awarded Top Two Teams for Joyner Fine Properties, 2008 – 2019 and RAR’S Top 10 Teams, 2007, based on sales production within Metro Richmond. They have consistently received Distinguished Achievers recognition for the past fifteen years. Additionally in 2007, they were presented with the Service to Law Enforcement award. It is their impressive sale numbers and personal characteristics that have earned them these honors.
Jill is a lifelong Richmonder and has two girls, Livvy, 21, and Susanna, 20. She has been involved with the following organizations:
- Member of St. James Episcopal Church
- Sheltering Arms Rehabilitation Hospital, Junior Board Member
- Westhampton Citizens Association, Board Member
- Three Chopt Garden Club
- St. Catherine’s School, Past Chair Alumnae Annual Giving
- VCU Massey Cancer Center, Pink Carpet Premiere Auction Chair
- Member of Country Club of Virginia
Mary is married to Gib and they have two children, Huntley, 19, and Sophie, 16. Mary has lived in New York, NY, Jacksonville, FL, Columbus, Ohio and Savannah, GA. She is active in the following organizations:
- Member of St. Constantine & Helen Greek Orthodox Church
- Boys and Girls Club of Virginia
- VA Repertory Theater
- Member of Country Club of Virginia
- St. Catherine’s School, 11th Grade Parent Representative
I started working in real estate because I believe the place you live has an immeasurable impact on your quality of life – and I want to help people find their perfect place. I have been involved in historic preservation, historic house renovations and Richmonds civic associations for over 30 years. Richmond is a fantastic city. I would love to help you find the neighborhood that is right for you.
I have lived in Richmond’s historic Fan and Museum Districts since moving to Richmond after graduating from the University of Virginia. I had a past career as a marketing director, I renovated 5 historic houses, and raised my family in Richmond. Joining Mary Davenport and Jill Davenport of the Davenport Team at Joyner Fine Properties was a natural step. Jill and Mary helped me sell and buy my own homes and I knew they were the type of professional I wanted to be: professional, successful for their clients, and fun to work with. I bring marketing experience and a passion for Richmond neighborhoods to Jill and Mary’s over 30 combined years of successful experience in real estate. We all share a love of Richmond and a dedication to building long-term relationships with our clients.
- Studied Architectural History, Archaeology and English at the University of Virginia
- Graduated from VCU School of Business with a concentration in Marketing
- Is married to Agustin and has twin boys, William and Henry, who attend William & Mary and UVA respectively
- Member of Board of Advisors of Historic Richmond Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Roller-Bottimore Foundation
- Member and past president of the Fan Townhouse and Garden Club
- Member of the Monument Avenue Preservation Society
- Member of the Mayor Levar Stony’s Commission on Monument Avenue
- Member Willow Oaks Country Club
- Dog lover – Knox and Hippie!